Here’s a little bit of randomness from the past week:
1. Last Sunday, I made a delicious bolognese served over rotini pasta with a garlic crostini. I used Cupcake Vineyard’s Shiraz in the sauce, which was cooked on the stone for several hours.
The recipe I used can be found here
2. Speaking of wine, last weekend my parents and I stopped by Total Wine, a wine and beer warehouse, similar to BevMo but with a CRAZY amount of wine. IN. SANE.
They also offer 10 cent tastings– 10 cents for 6 tastings– in which I tried various French wines. I’ll admit, I’m a California wine snob, but one or two of the ones I tried we’re pretty good. They offer a themed tasting each Saturday.
3. Did a little shopping at Kohl’s on Saturday and picked up a few things from the LC Lauren Conrad collection. I was originally after this grey chevron maxi dress, however they didn’t have any in stock. Boo! I settled for this pointelle sweater (in natural– very Free People looking), a black and grey chevron striped maxi skirt, and these gold aviator sunglasses— I love the bright yellow ends!
4. Kate Spade Saturday is still up on Fab.com.– get your shop on!
5. Yesterday we went to the OC Fair. I’m not typically a fair food connoisseur, but I told my sister I made it a goal to try something I normally wouldn’t… and that something was deep fried cookie dough. It was B O M B. Seriously, a doughnut filled with oooey gooey chocolate chip cookie dough drizzled with chocolate sauce. Heaven in my mouth.
My sister tried the deep fried Snickers, which was good, just not as good as the cookie dough. Next time, I’ll have to try the deep fried bacon-wrapped pickles 😛
Do you have any fair food favorites?