Christy from Sea Bella for nominated me for a Liebster Award– thank you so much, Christy, I will happily accept!
The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. It is a fun way of discovering new blogs, and connecting with other bloggers. Liebster is German for sweetheart, beloved person, darling… which is similar to the meaning of ‘Amanda. H’ow fitting is it that this is the word chosen for this award? 😉
If nominated, you need to post a blog post with the following:
1. Accepting the award.
2. Answering the questions set by the blogger who nominated you (and comment on your nominator’s page so they can read your answers).
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers (try to avoid repeats) for the award. And comment on their blog so they know they are nominated (and remember to link the rules).
4. Set 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
5. Place the Liebster Badge on your post.
1. What is the hair product you cannot live without?
For the entire summer, I have been using Organix’s Moroccan Sea Salt Spray– I absolutely love this stuff! I spray into my damp hair, scrunch up a bit, and let it dry– I get that perfect wavy beach hair (which is doubly fab because my hair is mainly straight!)
2. Are you a cat or dog person? Or neither?
When I was younger I would have said dog, but in the past few years I have definitely become a cat lady. My boyfriend’s cat, Mittens, is sitting next to me as I’m writing this and I have two other cats living with my parents– Meika and my big boy Sammy.
3. What is your day job?
I work in Culver City as the Director of PR and Digital Marketing at a creative/social media agency. I oversee and manage client social media accounts as well as outreach to bloggers on behalf of clients… basically I get paid to be on Facebook and browse blogs all day.
4. Who is your favorite actress?
Marilyn Monroe– she’s an icon and her life and career were so fascinating to me. My favorite movies of hers are Gentleman Prefer Blondes and How to Marry a Millionaire, but I have yet to see The Misfits!
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, and money wasn’t an issue, where would you go?
Japan and Thailand– from what I’ve seen they look like gorgeous countries with amazing culture. I would also love to travel all over Europe– UK, Sweden (my grandmother is Swedish), Spain, France, Italy, Greece, etc. I don’t even have a passport or have ever been out of the country… well, except to Baja!
6. What song are you currently playing on repeat?
It might be a bit overplayed but Lana Del Rey’s Summertime Sadness is my jam right now!
7. If you could have one super power what would it be?
Transporter… or maybe something like the Flash. I spend so much time in traffic here in LA going to and from work, I’d love to be able to skip over it all and get where I need to be at any time!
8. Beach or the mountains?
I love how beautiful and fresh the mountains are but the windy road up gives me a horrible headache and sometimes makes me nauseous, so I’ll take the beach any day!
9. What is your favorite season and why?
Spring would have be my favorite season– the weather warms up (yes, it get’s a little chilly in SoCal!), everything feels fresh and new and spring fashions and colors are my favorite.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Ugh, I have too many but I would say my biggest one is bad drivers– people who aren’t paying attention, who cut in line, or drive recklessly (or just way too slow). Can you tell I’m over traffic??
11. What magazines do you like to read?
Nylon, Allure, and Seventeen (yes, still!) are my top favorites. I purchased a subscription to HouseBeautiful for my mom last year and browse through the issues when she’s finished with them. I also like to read magazines from back to front… is that weird??
I nominate the following bloggers:
Diamonds, Dogtags & Diapers
The Noir Blanc
Food Wine Fashion
Life In My Fab Lane
Simply Whit In A Sequined Life
Sparkle and Shine On
Food, Sweat & Inspiration
Sugar Love Chic
Jess Style Rules
Kate Styled Pretty
1. Favorite social media platform & why: Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What are your top three favorite blogs?
4. If you had to use just one beauty item for the rest of your life, what would it be?
5. Big city or small town kinda gal?
6. All-time favorite nail polish shade?
7. TV show guilty pleasure?
8. Favorite season and why?
9. What is your “day job”?
10. If someone handed you $500 fast cash RIGHT NOW, how would you spend it?
11. What is something you have always wanted to do?
Leave a Reply