One of the saddest days every year has to be the day the Christmas tree and decor comes down, which for us, was tonight. All the lights, the bulbs, the stockings… it all gets packed away until next year :tear: The good part is that New Year’s Eve/Day is just a couple days away… and that means a day off for me!
PS- How yummy does my above chocolate ginger and Mexican hot chocolate (with homemade marshmallows!) look? Good stuff.
This week, I’m linking up with Sunday Social New Year edition:
1. What is the best New Year’s Eve you’ve ever had?
The best New Year’s Eve was probably one of the years my friends and I had a huge party… there’s been a few and you know it was a good party if you can’t remember it all 😉
I’m still waiting on a NYE in NYC… or even to spend NYE up in Big Bear or other snowy mountain resort.
2. Are you doing anything for NYE this year and if so what?
I have no clue what we’ll be doing for NYE! Is it crazy that I don’t have a set plan, yet? We can either go the party route (meh) or have a low-key NYE. I’m opting for the latter.
3. Name a book we should all read come January?
Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham
Yes, that is the Lauren Graham of The Gilmore Girls fame. I have had this on my to-read list FOREVER– it sounds like a good, light read that is perfect to start of the new year.
4. What are your New Year’s resolutions/goals?
1. Drink more water (I’ll go days before realizing I haven’t drank any water… bad, right?)
2. Take a Pilates class or at least be more active (way too much couch lazing in 2013!)
3. Read more– this latter part of 2013 I’ve gotten back into reading and hope to continue marking off books on my to-read list.
4. Travel- even if it’s a quick weekend trip. Get out to do and see!
5. My final goal is one that most of those in my personal life know the struggle I have been having in achieving this one– I’ve been looking & applying for a year without any luck, but am hoping that things will change soon. I’m keeping this one vague because you never know whose eyes are seeing this 😛
What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2014?