Make this year’s gifts extra special by purchasing products that give back to your favorite cause. Here’s a few companies with amazing items and even more amazing practices:
1. Pura Vida Bracelets: Fore every handmade bracelet sold, Pura Vida donates 1% to The Surfrider Foundation, which protects beaches and oceans worldwide In addition, Pura Vida Bracelets supports full-time work for more than 30 local Costa Rica artisans.
2. Warby Parker: Along with providing cool, vintage-inspired frames and hip sunnies, Warby Parker partners with non-profits, such asVisionSpring, to ensure that for every pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
3. fashionABLE: Purchases of their pretty scarves and cool accessories help to support women in African countries to create sustainable businesses and cooperatives.
4. Kiehl’s Greatest Hits Collection: 100% of Kiehl’s net profits up to $100,000 from the US sales of this Limited Edition set will help to support Feeding America. Beauty for a cause!
5. TOMS for Target: For each item purchased, TOMS and Target are giving shoes, blankets and meals to those in need.
6. The Brave Collection: Handmade Cambodian jewelry that supports local artisans; 10% of profits are donated to empower women against human trafficking. How gorgeous are their pieces?!?
7. The Home T: Portions of profits are donated to multiple sclerosis research.