If you know me at all, you know I have a beauty obsession—makeup, skin care, hair care, everything! With my last Allure Beauty Box purchases and some awesome goodie bags I received, I have products coming out EVERYWHERE. I’m surprised my boyfriend hasn’t complained yet!
2014 was a great year for me in trying new products, I found several that I really love! Here are some of my favorite products from 2014:
1. Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Va Va Voom Mascara: As many of you know, I took a new position with Physicians Formula this year (and if you didn’t- surprise!). While I had used a few of their products previously, this year I was able to totally fall in love with several. One of my must-haves from the line is their Sexy Booster Va Va Voom mascara. I love the big-bristled voluminous brush, a simple formula that is on the drier side, which I like, that leaves my lashes soft with no clumps. Oh, and get this, it’s scented like warm vanilla!
2. Rusk Deep Shine Color Care Invisible Dry Shampoo: A couple months ago, I polled my friends asking which products were total fails for them and a few had mentioned dry shampoos. Clearly they never tried Rusk’s Invisible Dry Shampoo because this stuff is awesome—it has a soft scent, removes any greasiness from my scalp and roots, and is a total lifesaver when I haven’t washed my hair for a few days. This is definitely a must-have to pack for camping trips.
3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+: I wanted to try a different moisturizer this year and after reading reviews, decided to try this one out. I am so glad I did—I have fairly dry skin and this silky, lightweight moisturizer keeps my skin feeling hydrated throughout the day.
4. Smashbox Full Exposure Travel Palette: I was walking through Sephora one day and this little gem caught my eye. I had to have it and put it on my Christmas wish list, I was so happy to open it on Christmas day! I love the mix of shimmery and matte neutral shades in a convenient-sized palette and the price is so right—8 shades for just $22!
5. Beautisol Self-Tanning Mousse*: This summer, I tried a variety of self-tanners but one that stood out to me was from Beautisol. The mousse applied easily and evenly using an application mitt, it does not have a strong tanning odor, and it set quickly, making my tan look perfect—no orange streaks here!
6. L’Occitane Néroli & Orchidée EDT: I received this pleasant floral fragrance in a gift bag early in 2014 and it has since become a fragrance staple. It’s soft, floral and has hints of citrus- LOVE!
7. EcoTools Sleek + Shine Finisher Hair Brush* *: I have never been picky about my hair brushes, I usually just use a wide-tooth to comb out my hair but then I received this baby. After using it my hair is soft, it’s shiny, flyaways are smoothed down, and most importantly, my hair just looks really good. No bad hair days for this girl!
8. Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Body Butter:I received this silky body butter for Christmas and currently keep it on my desk at work. Aside from the creamy, non-greasy feel, it smells absolutely divine, like lightly toasted coconut in a sophisticated sense, not tropical. It’s become a new favorite of my cubicle buddy as well.
What products in 2014 have you tried and absolutely loved? Share!
*I was provided a sample for review purposes via iFabbo. ** I was provided a sample for review purposes via Influenster. No monetary compensation was provided, all opinions are my own.