1. Chambray Shirt: One of my most favorite trends from the past couple of years is chambray. Dressed down or up, it’s surprising how versatile these tops can actually be. Need some styling ideas? One of my favorite blogs, Style Elixir, is an absolute master at styling chambray.
2. Striped Tee Shirt: This is just one of those classic, must-haves that even as a tee, always manages to look classy and stylish.
3. Camel Trenchcoat: Living in Southern California I sadly don’t have much use for a trenchcoat. You can bet though if I lived somewhere colder one of these babies would be hanging in my closet. They’re classic and classy, perfect to throw over jeans, a dress, or work outfit.
4. Leopard: If you’re looking to add more leopard to your closet, accessories are the perfect way to ease into the trend. You can rock leopard with a cute scarf such as the one above, a clutch, or even a cute pair of leopard print heels, such as the ones I wore here.
5. Fitted Jeans: I wear jeans most days of the week- even my black pants I wear to work are denim. Shhh… Seriously though, find a pair of jeans you love and if it’s the perfect fit, pick up the same style in several different washes– dark, light, black, even grey.
6. Skater Skirt: I am still on the skater skirt train and I’m not planning to jump off anytime soon. This is such a cute style that looks great on pretty much everyone. Seriously, I think even my boyfriend and his hairy legs would look cute in a skater skirt. Well, not really.
7. Hat: Until I started wearing hats a couple years ago, I never truly understood how they can totally change an outfit… and make it so much better! I love having a variety to choose from- fedoras, panama style and even floppy hats. The perfect accessory to instantly take an outfit from drab to fab.
8. Black Heels: For those of us in warmer parts of the country we’re lucky enough to be able to wear open-toed shoes most of the year. I’m in love with these heels (so in love that I bought two pairs!)– another classic that can be worn with a variety of pieces including jeans. Love!
What are some of your closet staples?