Summer= sandal time which means toenails are now in full view. I tend to stick with fun, bright colors on my toes– bold corals, punchy bright pinks and pretty peaches, or even something a bit unexpected like teal or metallics, which are super ‘in’ this season. In addition to a bold color, I like to make sure my feet and nails are looking sandal-worthy. Here’s a few tips to make sure those piggies are summer-ready:
1. Give feet some TLC: Take about 10 minutes to give your feet a nice, warm soak. You can add bath salts and/or essential oils to help soften feet and take a few moments to relax.
2. Use a salt or sugar scrub (or a bath brush) to give feet a good exfoliation, removing dry, dead skin. If heels are rough, use a pumice stone to smooth out and buff the skin.
3. Trim nails after soaking as they will be easier to cut. Trim down and then use an emory board to file and shape, making sure to round corners to prevent ingrown nails. I like to use the 4-sided boards with sides to file, buff, smooth and shine nails.
4. As you would your fingernails, use both a base and top coat to make polish stay longer.
5. Keep feet looking great by moisturizing regularly (lotion, Shea butter, argan oil, or even coconut oil) and updating polish at least every two weeks.
Do you have a favorite nail polish shade for summer? Let me know in the comments!
SHOP THE POST:
Leave a Reply