I usually shy away from using bright, bold lip shades because I always thought they made my lips look super small and thin. I mean, my lips are super small and thin, but they would look really thin. I finally figured out some techniques using makeup to make my lip shape look more plump… no lip fillers, injections or tingling lip products required! Since using these tips, my lips have looked larger and thicker… and a lot nicer in lip colors.
Keep reading for my tips on how to make lips look bigger and fuller.
1. Prep: Lips always look best when they’re moisturized– no one likes dry lips. I’ve been using lip scrub treatments and ChapStick 100% Natural Lip Butter, which contains sunflower oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, shea butter and beeswax in a yummy Green Tea Mint flavor, to keep my lips hydrated and healthy looking.
2. Highlight: Add a swipe of highlighter in a light, shimmery shade in a v-shape to the cupid’s bow (area above the lips) to help create the illusion of larger, more plump lips. After applying lip color, you can then go back and add a smidge of highlighter to the center of your bottom lip as well.
3. Contour: Next, using a lip brush or small-tipped makeup brush, apply a touch of bronzer or light brown eye shadow on the outer edge of your lower lip. This will create a shadow, helping to give the illusion of fuller lips.
4. Liner: Using a liner that matches your lip color, start by lining the cupids bow creating a V, then pulling it up into the arch. Finish by lining around the entire lips using soft strokes just outside the natural lip line. Don’t go too far outside the line or it will look too fake and noticeable. I really like NYX Lip Pencils as they have a variety of shades available at low prices.
5. Lip Color: Fill in by using your favorite lip color that matches the liner. I’ve been liking the more matte lip look lately, but you can also add a dab of gloss to center of lips to make them look even more fuller.
What are some products and lip shades you use to make lips look great?
*I received Chapstick samples courtesy of Influenster for review purposes. All opinions are my own, no monetary compensation has been provided. Thank you for supporting brands that support A Good Hue.
You did a great job! Thank you for this info. But I just want you to know – and I’m not just saying this – I think your natural lips are actually beautiful. I know there are a lot of people out there with thin lips or lips that are nonexistent and it often doesn’t look good. But your lips are such a lovely shape and color! I think they’re great!
You have beautiful lips dry pretty young woman x