Even with the holidays being over, it seems like life is being kicked into high gear and it’s go-go-GO! I don’t know about you, but if I can get a shortcut I will gladly take it, and that even goes with my beauty routine. Keep reading for my top timesaving beauty hacks and feel free to share yours in the comments below >>
1. Bold lips are having a major makeup moment and sometimes you’ll find that perfect color but unfortunately the staying power isn’t so perfect. To keep lipstick lasting all day, first apply a lip stain then top with a matte lipstick in a similar shade. Mattes tend to last longer normally, but once it starts wearing off, you’ll still have the lip stain underneath.
2. One of my go-to eye looks is a quick smoky eye, which I can create in just a couple minutes using a kohl eyeliner. I apply a thick line above my upper lashes and using a blending blush, smudge it all over my lid, then smudging some liner on my lower lash line. I then line my eyes as normal and add a couple coats of mascara. Easy peasy!
3. Freshen up on the go with deodorant wipes> My pick are the Pacifica Underarm Deodorant Wipes, they are formulated with natural ingredients including coconut milk and kale extract to control odor and protect for hours. Not just for underarms, I’ll wipe these all over for a quick refresh.
4. While I don’t have many, yet (knock on wood!), I know that fine lines around my eyes will be inevitable. If you’re already starting to see these, apply a foundation primer under and around the eyes and even around lips to blur any pesky fine lines. The silicone formula will “blur” the lines and provides a smooth base for foundation and concealer.
5. Unless you’ve been keeping up with your tan, keeping glowing skin during the colder, drier winter months can be a challenge. To keep it looking hydrated and glow, add a drop or two of liquid highlighter into your foundation for that extra. For a more bronzed look, simply mix in drops of liquid bronzer into your foundation then apply.
Have you tried any of these beauty hacks? Tell me!