For pretty much ever I’ve been a day dreamer. Sometimes I’ll find myself drifting off to another world, mostly thinking about the things I want to do or places I want to go. I read an article recently that stated that daydreaming helps one to be more creative and helps to achieve goals and manifest them into your life.
Here’s what I’ve been daydreaming about lately:
1. Write a book: Becoming a published author has always been a dream of mine. I’ve had a number of story ideas formulate in my mind but nothing I’ve ever put down on paper. Maybe one of these day’s I’ll come up with the next best-seller.
2. Buy a house: I totally want to own my own home but I don’t think the road to home ownership will be an easy one. I have quite a list of needs… and wants… but I look forward to the day I’ll be able to sign for my own home.
3. Disney World: I’ve seen a few blog posts and heard a couple people talking about planning trips to Disney World and I want to go! I’ve never been and would love a week-long Disney vacay– I’ve been day dreaming about the hotel I’ll stay at (Disney of course!), what parks to visit, what ride to go on first, where to eat, everything!
4. Road Trip: Pack up, grab some snacks and hit the road and drive across the US stopping at the must-see spots like the Grand Canyon, eating BBQ in Texas, checking out Memphis (um, Graceland), heading up to Chicago, seeing the national parks… there’s so much I want to see here in the states and think it would be super fun to do so from the front seat of the car. Is it weird that Pawhuska, Oklahoma is also on my list? I’d love to drop in to the Pioneer Woman’s Mercantile!
5. Pursuing a graduate degree: I was one of those students who enjoyed school and learning… I actually miss school! I would love to take classes to pursue a master’s degree.
6. Paris: This has always been a big must on my travel list- I’m dying to go and explore! I think I just need to bite the bullet and start planning a trip. I’d love to see the Eiffel Tower, explore the Louvre, visit Versailles and do all the touristy Parisian things like eat croissants and picnic by the Seine.
7. Starting a business: I’ve always wanted to start my own business but I still don’t know exactly what. I feel like when I know, I’ll know. Ever since I was a kid I’ve had an entrepreneurial spirit and I’d love to apply that spirit and passion to my own business- something that I’ve built from the ground up.
Tee: The Home T | Heels: Splendid
8. Tomorrow’s outfit: Is it weird that I daydream about different outfits? I feel like other bloggers get this one as it helps to visualize outfits for blog content. It also helps me prepare for the next day by having my outfit picked out.
9. Hawaii: Last travel spot, I swear! I’ve never been to Hawaii and would love to go and relax by a gorgeous beach for a few days, sip some mai tais and check out the best the islands have to offer.
10. My new blog- I’m finally transitioning A Good Hue to a self-hosted WordPress site and can’t wait to relaunch with an updated look with better functionality and readability. I just need to have time to actually make the transition!
What’s something you always catch yourself daydreaming about?
These are some great daydreams. I've been doing that a lot too! I'd LOVE to go to Paris right now.. or Greece haha 🙂
Lauren // http://www.mylifeaslaurr.com
Shelby Back says
I LOVE this tee– such a good reminder!
Laura || Walking in Memphis in High Heels says
That's a cute tee! We are house hunting and it's not an easy feat, wants and needs are high demand.
Such a fun tee and good message!
Kait M says
Hawaii is incredible. I went with my family back in college, but I want to go back with my husband! So beautiful and absolutely worth the trip & cost! xx
Michelle Paige says
I day dream about a lot of these things! Lately mostly road tripping and hiking but I have to wait until my broken foot is 100% healed 🙁
Ashley Hargrove says
That tee is so dang cute!! I think I need it in my life ASAP! 🙂
Ying NavigatingAdulthood says
That shirt is so cute! Congrats on the decision to be self-hosted!!
Nicholle Demag says
You need to go to Disney! I just went in April and it is so much fun!
I've never been to Disney either! I don't daydream about tomorrow's outfits, just tomorrow's makeup lol
Love, love, love this tee!
Gina Alyse says
Wow! So much excitement in your daydreams 🙂 I daydream about road trips and moving into my own place. I would love to be in Hawaii too. Also congrats on the WP move! Such a great thing! 🙂
Azanique Rawl says
This tee is so cute! I am also looking into getting my master's. I just graduated in May, but am ready to get back so I can be one step closer to my dreams
– xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com
Wow, so many great updates!! Good luck with your wordpress transition! and I've always wanted to go to hawaii too haha
Rachel Ritlop says
a) so excited to see the new blog b) our daydreams are SO similar!! only I already have my graduate degree! Im going to hawaii in 2 months actually!
Amanda Faber says
My husband and I are planning a trip to Disney World and I'm so excited!!! I've heard it's so fun as an adult
Sarah Tripp says
Cute graphic tee babe!
Amanda M. says
Loving all of your daydreams! You absolutely have to make that trip to Paris happen.
Dashing Darlin' says
You look so pretty!!! So many fabulous daydreams… yessss to Disney!!!
Ashley Vickney says
1. Your blog design is gorgeous! 2. Day dreaming is how I come up with some of my best ideas! Love this!
I recently went to Hawaii and I confirm, it is daydream worthy! So beautiful and I really hope you go someday!
Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes
Grace Hincapie says
Absolutely love those dreams of yours!! I've never been to Hawaii either, but actually on planning to go in 2019!!!Girl, we totally need to connect! Love your entrepreneurial spirit!
Grace | miss-graciela.blogspot.com
Lindsay Rutland says
I've definitely had a lot of the same day dreams! They're all achievable and you've totally got this girl! Some are harder than others (grad school!) but worth it
Tristan Dennington says
I LOVE this! I daydream a lot too, and totally dream about the next days outfit. I actually lie in bed thinking about it as I go to sleep!