For pretty much ever I’ve been a day dreamer. Sometimes I’ll find myself drifting off to another world, mostly thinking about the things I want to do or places I want to go. I read an article recently that stated that daydreaming helps one to be more creative and helps to achieve goals and manifest them into your life.
Here’s what I’ve been daydreaming about lately:
1. Write a book: Becoming a published author has always been a dream of mine. I’ve had a number of story ideas formulate in my mind but nothing I’ve ever put down on paper. Maybe one of these day’s I’ll come up with the next best-seller.
2. Buy a house: I totally want to own my own home but I don’t think the road to home ownership will be an easy one. I have quite a list of needs… and wants… but I look forward to the day I’ll be able to sign for my own home.
3. Disney World: I’ve seen a few blog posts and heard a couple people talking about planning trips to Disney World and I want to go! I’ve never been and would love a week-long Disney vacay– I’ve been day dreaming about the hotel I’ll stay at (Disney of course!), what parks to visit, what ride to go on first, where to eat, everything!
4. Road Trip: Pack up, grab some snacks and hit the road and drive across the US stopping at the must-see spots like the Grand Canyon, eating BBQ in Texas, checking out Memphis (um, Graceland), heading up to Chicago, seeing the national parks… there’s so much I want to see here in the states and think it would be super fun to do so from the front seat of the car. Is it weird that Pawhuska, Oklahoma is also on my list? I’d love to drop in to the Pioneer Woman’s Mercantile!
5. Pursuing a graduate degree: I was one of those students who enjoyed school and learning… I actually miss school! I would love to take classes to pursue a master’s degree.
6. Paris: This has always been a big must on my travel list- I’m dying to go and explore! I think I just need to bite the bullet and start planning a trip. I’d love to see the Eiffel Tower, explore the Louvre, visit Versailles and do all the touristy Parisian things like eat croissants and picnic by the Seine.
7. Starting a business: I’ve always wanted to start my own business but I still don’t know exactly what. I feel like when I know, I’ll know. Ever since I was a kid I’ve had an entrepreneurial spirit and I’d love to apply that spirit and passion to my own business- something that I’ve built from the ground up.
8. Tomorrow’s outfit: Is it weird that I daydream about different outfits? I feel like other bloggers get this one as it helps to visualize outfits for blog content. It also helps me prepare for the next day by having my outfit picked out.
9. Hawaii: Last travel spot, I swear! I’ve never been to Hawaii and would love to go and relax by a gorgeous beach for a few days, sip some mai tais and check out the best the islands have to offer.
10. My new blog- I’m finally transitioning A Good Hue to a self-hosted WordPress site and can’t wait to relaunch with an updated look with better functionality and readability. I just need to have time to actually make the transition!
What’s something you always catch yourself daydreaming about?