Happy Halloween, readers! I love dressing in costumes and creating fun makeup looks making Halloween my favorite holiday! This year I wanted to share a last-minute Halloween pinup skill makeup look that’s easy to create and can be completed in less than an hour. Here’s how to get this look using a few faves from Buxom Cosmetics>>
- First, mix a squirt or two of Buxom Cosmetics Divine Goddess Luminizer into your favorite foundation and apply to face, concentrating on side that won’t be covered by the skull design, with a damp blender or brush. Apply concealer to any blemishes and under eyes if needed. Set with transluscent loose powder.
- Using a brow pencil, create the outline of the skull. To make it even easier, you can draw the line directly down half your face, but I wanted to be a little different to make it look like my skin was peeling away leaving the skull underneath.
- Lightly apply Buxom Cosmetics Hot Escapes Bronzer to cheek and around non-skull side to the temple and jawline to warm the face. Apply a peachy-pink blush to cheek concentrating on apples and blending out towards hairline. Blend a dab of Luminizer to cheekbone to highlight.
- For eyes, apply a matte beige eyeshadow to crease and blend up towards browbone. Next, swipe the Hot Escapes Bronzer to the crease and blend, concentrating it only in the crease and outter v. Apply a matte or satin vanilla eyeshadow to lid, inner corner and under brow bone.
- Using Buxom Cosmetics Hold the Line Waterproof Liner in Call Me, create a bold wing on top eyelid. Add a couple coats of Big Tease Plumping Mascara to upper and lower lashes. To make my eyes really stand out, I added a strip of faux lashes. Fill in brows if needed.
- No pinup look is complete without a bold red lip! Line half of lips with Buxom Cosmetics Plumpline Lip Liner in Code Red, and fill in with Matte Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipstick in Red Inferno (I am officially obsessed with this gorgeous color!). Finish with a touch of Full-On Lip Polish in Cherry Red for a perfect pout.
- For the skull, I pull up a few pictures of other skull makeup looks to use as a guide but it’s really not very hard. First, apply white face paint (I use Mehron Clown White Face Paint) to the other half of face up to where you drew the outline. Using black face paint, draw a circle around eye and fill in. Apply to side of nose, and cheeks to create jawline. Using a fine-tipped brush, start creating lines for teeth and connecting to jawline. Using another brush, gently blend teeth lines. Create cracks in the skull and be sure to blend out the outline to create shadows. I blended out a few other detail lines and shadows as well. Apply more white face paint to teeth to make stand out.
That’s it! Add a cute pinup hair style and outfit and you are Halloween-ready! If you’re not into skulls, you can totally forgo and just create a full-on pretty pinup look. You can shop Buxom Cosmetics at your local Ulta Beauty and online.
What are your plans for Halloween? Share below!
SHOP THE POST