Happy #NationalOreoDay! Oreos are one of those cookies that instantly take me back to my childhood. Remember how fun it was to take apart the Oreo? For some, the frosting in the middle was everything but me, I’m a fan of the chocolate cookies. To celebrate this fun & yummy day, I wanted to share a recipe for delicious and decadent Oreo truffles which are super easy to make… and you don’t even need a glass of milk with these. Be sure to head to your local Kroger to pick up a pack of Oreo cookies. Enjoy this sweet day!
- 1 pack Oreo cookies
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 pack White Chocolate Chips
- Using a food processor, grind cookies into fine crumbs. Save 3-4 cookies to grind for topping.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cookies crumbs, cream cheese and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly until no cream cheese is visible. If mixture is too soft to roll, place bowl in refrigerator for about 15 minutes. Roll crumb mixture into small balls and place on cookie sheet and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave according to package directions (about 1 minute). Dip balls into chocolate or drizzle over. Place chocolate covered balls on parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with reserved crumbles.
- Place sheet in freezer for 30 minutes- store balls in airtight container in refrigerator.