This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #SVEDKAStarsAndStripes #CollectiveBias
For me, Fourth of July is not only a day to celebrate my American pride but to also remember my heritage and the ancestors who have made it possible for me to lead the life I have here in the US. While the majority of my family has been in America for several generations, my grandmother is 100% Swedish. She was born and raised in Sweden and came to America to be with my grandfather whom she had met overseas.
With my Swedish lineage, I tend to gravitate towards and want to support Swedish brands. One of those is my personal favorite vodka brand, SVEDKA. Keep reading to see how I’m incorporating SVEDKA vodka into a yummy Fourth of July Very Berry Vodka Lemonade (recipe included!) >>
SVEDKA vodka is directly imported to the US from Sweden, a country known not only for their meatballs but for perfecting vodka as well. In fact, it’s now the #1 vodka imported into the US (Source: Adams 2015) so you know it’s good! SVEDKA is actually named as a mash-up of ‘Svenska’ (meaning ‘Swedish’) and ‘vodka’… neat, right?
SVEDKA, which is wheat-based and made with spring water, has a subtle and smooth taste and is a good quality value vodka. It mixes well into cocktails and is my vodka go-to.
To celebrate the Fourth of July, SVEDKA has released a fun limited edition Stars & Stripes vodka with red, white and blue party packaging that’s perfect for your Independence Day festivities. When I first brought the bottle home from the store, Steve remarked that it “looks really cool”, which basically means that it gets two thumbs-up from him.
For our Fourth of July BBQ celebration, I plan on serving up a super yummy Very Berry Vodka Lemonade. I mean, what’s a more perfect beverage for an all-American BBQ or pool party than a refreshing glass of lemonade? I’m super excited to share this delicious recipe with you– you’ll be (pleasantly) surprised to see how easy it is to make a berry simple syrup.
The delicious tart agave-sweetened four-berry syrup and lemonade blend pairs perfectly with SVEDKA vodka. While the below berry vodka lemonade recipe makes a couple of glasses, you can increase the amounts to make this ahead of time in a pitcher for easy party serving.
The SVEDKA limited edition Stars and Stripes vodka is available at a variety of local retailers in the liquor aisle.
How will you be incorporating SVEDKA vodka into your Fourth of July celebrations and summer cocktails? Tell me in the comments below!
- 2 oz. SVEDKA Vodka
- 2 oz. Berry Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- 2 oz. Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 oz. Water
- Berry Simple Syrup
- 1 12 oz. bag Frozen Mixed Berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries)
- ¼ cup Agave Sweetener
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Combine SVEDKA vodka, berry simple syrup, lemon juice and water into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake to combine.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice and garnish with fresh berries. Makes approx. two cocktails.
- Berry Simple Syrup*
- In a saucepan, combine frozen mixed berries, agave sweetener, water and lemon juice, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until reduced and the mixture has thickened.
- Use an immersion blender to smooth out mixture. Next, strain mixture over a fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds. This process may take a good 5-10 minutes-- keep pushing mixture through sieve. Keep syrup in a mason jar or air-tight container in refrigerator to cool completely.
- *Should make enough for about 8 cocktails.
Wishing you all a fun and safe Fourth of July holiday– please drink responsibly. Skål!