This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #MyHonestTea #CollectiveBias
Thank you for supporting the brands that support A Good Hue.
After a long day at work or a rigorous workout, a healthy, home-cooked and quick meal made with organic ingredients is a must. This organic chicken with lemon mushroom sauce is easy to put together, cooks up in no time and tastes super yummy. Plus, with it being National Organic Month, it’s the perfect paring with an ice cold Honest Tea® beverage.
Keep reading to get the delicious recipe for this easy go-to dinner and find out why Honest Tea is my new drink of choice>>
I recently got back in to working out by taking classes at Orangetheory and I’ve been being more mindful of the foods I’m eating as well. I’ve been opting for dishes that are made with fresh (and mostly organic!) ingredients and are protein and veggie heavy.
I’ve also been opting for beverages with good-for-you ingredients. I quit drinking soda last year and mostly drink sparkling water and iced teas. I love that I can grab an Honest Tea when I want that home-brewed taste on-the-go… or if I just don’t have time to brew my own. Honest Teas are brewed with real, organic tea leaves and it’s very much apparent in the taste.
The “Just” Green Tea flavor is unsweetened (0 calories) and is just that– green tea. It’s light and refreshing and pairs well with the super flavorful lemon sauce. I love that Honest Tea has several flavors– such as Moraccan mint tea, Peach, Mango, Berry, Lemon, Pomegranate teas and more– and have both unsweetened and sweetened (with organic cane sugar) teas.
I’m not a fan of artificially sweetened drinks or teas that are too sweet (sorry sweet tea fans!) I like that Honest Teas aren’t overly sweet (or aren’t sweetened at all) so I can enjoy the drink and the good-for-you ingredients.
To celebrate National Organic Month, I’m serving up a yummy and healthy organic chicken dinner with an out-of-this-world yummy lemon mushroom sauce made with organic ingredients. I served it up with a brown rice and quinoa mix (I cook these together in my rice cooker) and greens– arugula and green beans. It’s a dish I can feel good about eating, knowing that I’m eating healthier ingredients. Get the recipe below.
Be sure to pick up plastic bottles of Honest Tea 4 for $5 at a Kroger location near you through the end of September. Which flavor would you most want to try?
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Organic Chicken Breasts
- 1 c Organic Mushrooms, sliced (Baby Bella, cremini, your choice!)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp White Wine
- 1 Organic Lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 c Organic Chicken Broth
- Lemon Pepper and Salt, for seasoning
- In a skillet, add about 1 tbsp of olive oil to coat pan and place over medium-high heat. Season chicken on both sides with salt and lemon pepper. Add to pan and cook, approx. 3-5 minutes each side. Once done, remove to plate, cover with foil and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, if needed, add more olive oil to coat bottom of pan. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and lemon pepper. Cook through. Add the minced garlic and cook for about :30-seconds until fragrant.
- Deglaze pan with a splash of white wine or water. Add lemon zest, juice and chicken broth and cook down until sauce thickens slightly. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Pour lemon mushroom sauce over chicken breasts. Serve chicken alongside brown rice and/or quinoa (I like to mix mine!), arugula and green beans or your favorite veggies. Enjoy!