I don’t know about you, but if there’s one food I’m excited about this week it’s pumpkin pie. In honor of Thanksgiving this week, also known as pumpkin pie day, I wanted to share a quick and easy recipe for a yummy pumpkin spice smoothie. This protein-packed smoothie is a healthy option for breakfast or meal replacement, to drink after a workout or if you’re dieting and forgoing the pumpkin pie (definitely NOT this girl). Pumpkin is the quintessential fall ingredient and that’s exactly what this smoothie tastes like– fall in a glass.
I sweetened this smoothie with Just Date Syrup, a natural sweetener made with one single ingredient– medjool dates! Dates are another fall flavor and they pair perfectly with the pumpkin and give this smoothie the perfect balance of sweet and spice. If you’ve been searching for a better-for-you sweetener option, I highly recommend you try this syrup (or even make your own!), it’s super tasty! This post isn’t even sponsored by this brand– I just really love this sweetener!
- 1 Banana (even better if it's frozen!)
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin Puree (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 cup Plain or Vanilla Greek Yogurt (omit if making vegan version)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1 TBSP Just Date Syrup
- 1 scoop Protein Powder (I use organic hemp protein powder)
- 1 TBSP Flax Seeds
- 1 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Ice*
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
- Make it vegan! Omit the Greek yogurt and add 1/2 cup of soaked cashews.
- *Instead of using ice, pre-freeze the pumpkin puree in ice cube trays.
PIN FOR LATER