I’m not sure what’s worse– shopping in a toy store with a screaming toddler or tux with three grown men. Kidding! (Sort of…) A few weeks ago, Steve, his best man and one of his groomsmen headed to a nearby Friar Tux shop to get fitted for their wedding day suits– so exciting! As a bride I want my groom to look as handsome as possible but I also want him to feel confident and comfortable in what he’s wearing as he walks down that aisle… it’s his day too, after all!
Continue reading for a few tips I picked up along the way when shopping for wedding tuxes and suits.
1. When shopping for your wedding tuxedos and suits, it’s a good idea to have some sort of an idea of what you want before going in. You can browse styles online or look at Pinterest for inspiration. Before our initial appointment, I knew that I didn’t want a black tux (too formal), beige (not dressy enough) or navy (not our style).
Luckily Steve was open to what I wanted (read: he knew it was futile to put up a fight) and we were able to pick out a look that we both loved.
By knowing what we didn’t want, the process went a lot quicker and smoother. Friar Tux has many options to choose from and your associate will help you find the perfect one!
2. Get measured! Friar Tux made sure that all the groomsmen came in to get measured and fitted by a certain date. This is a MUST. You want to suits to fit correctly and look good. No one should be walking down the aisle in droopy, baggy pants.
One thing I was worried with renting tuxes was that the quality wouldn’t be great or the styles wouldn’t be up-to-date. I was so wrong! Friar Tux has some really good quality suits for rent (we went with a Michael Kors suit) with modern fits, cuts and styles. I was very impressed with the styles and different options.
3. Coordinate the tux style with your bridal party. All of my bridesmaids will be wearing different colored dresses and we wanted ties to match each maids’ color. Friar Tux has plenty of color options when it comes to ties so matching was no problem!
For Steve, we decided to put him in a different tie to differentiate himself from the groomsmen, and to match my dress.
4. Trust your associate! Once you give your Friar Tux associate your wedding specifics, they’re great at offering suggestions for looks, the best styles and cuts for your body and making sure you have everything you need before the big day. Remember, they dress a LOT of people for weddings and events and will have the best answers to all your burning wedding tux questions.
Friar Tux gave us a call a few weeks out to check-in, verify the color of the accessories and to pickup details. So far, I’ve been very impressed with their excellent customer service!
5. No shop nearby? Friar Tux offers Stitch & Tie, a new online rental service. This service is also wonderful for those who just don’t have the time to visit. You pick out your suit or tux online, provide your measurements and Stitch & Tie will send you a suit to try on at home!
Overall we have ben so happy with the service we’ve received from Friar Tux. I can’t wait to see how the suits come out!