Confession time: I’m not a big pumpkin spice latte fan. Don’t get me wrong, I love a slice of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving (or really any time), I love pumpkin butter and I’m down for a yummy pumpkin cheesecake. But I can do without the PSL… guess I’m just not that basic!
Since the cooler temps have yet to hit us Southern Californians, I thought it was perfect time to share a cold, sweet treat that gives those pumpkin fall vibes. If you love all-things pumpkin, this salted caramel pumpkin cheesecake ice cream is a must!
Continue reading for recipe>>
Salted caramel ✔️
…It’s starting to feel like fall around here! This seasonal recipe is perfect for the summer-fall transition & when you’re craving some creamy pumpkin goodness. The pumpkin spice gives it those true fall flavors… would it be weird to describe a n ice cream as ‘warm’ and ‘cozy’? This is exactly what that is!
As far as ice cream recipes go, this one is super easy and doesn’t even require churning! Throw all the ingredients in a blender, freeze and you are well on your way to pumpkin ice cream heaven. I made my own pumpkin puree for this but canned totally works. Pair with ooey gooey cream cheese, pumpkin spice, cream, a drizzle of maple syrup and you are good to go. For the salted caramel swirl, I use Smucker’s Simple Delight Salted Caramel Topping.. it is SO good and will save time rather than making it yourself. Plus, you can add an extra drizzle over your ice cream 😉
While you don’t necessarily need to churn this ice cream, it does result in a creamier end product. I use the KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment— so easy to use! The end result is creamy pumpkin cheesecake goodness with a delicious swirl of salted caramel. This recipe is a must year round for when those PSL cravings hit!
Check out more of my recipes!
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream
*Adapted from recipestonourish.com
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey (for no churn option, use 1 can sweetened condensed milk instead)
1 TBSP vanilla extract
3 tsps pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
1. Combine all ingredients except the salted caramel sauce in a blender and pulse until combined.
2. Prepare your ice cream maker, pour ice cream mixture into bowl and churn according to manufacturer instructions. You may need to churn in two batches. *
3. Pour into a freezer-safe container, adding layers of salted caramel in-between. Use a spatula to ‘swirl’ the caramel around the ice cream.
4. Cover with an airtight lid, freeze for at least an hour to set and enjoy!
1. Combine cream cheese, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, salt and a can of sweetened condensed milk in blender and pulse until smooth.
2. Beat heavy cream with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold pumpkin cheesecake mixture into whipped cream. Follow steps 3 and 4 above, freezing for at least 5 hours before serving.