Can I just say I am now a fan of ‘mom jeans’? Well, at least the Mott & Bow mom jean, which fits amazing and is super comfortable. Finding a pair of jeans that fit perfectly, wear comfortably and look cute is hard to find! I’m still digging the casual vibes so I paired these mom jeans with a pretty pointelle cardigan and a trendy pair of leopard-print loafers. Chic, yet comfortable!
Continue reading to see more of this casual fall outfit & my tips for shopping for the perfect pair of jeans>>
SHOP THE POST
Online Jean Buying Tips
1. Know your measurements: Unlike in stores (well, pre-COVID at least) where you could try on jeans before you buy, with online shopping you just have to take the plunge and cross your fingers for the best fit. Knowing your waist and hip measurements is so helpful and be sure to use any sizing charts the brand offers. If it helps, you can even measure a pair of jeans you already own and love.
2. Refresh your denim lingo: Do you know the difference between skinny and slim fits? Mom jeans and boyfriend jeans? Low-rise and high-rise? Having an idea of the fit you look best in or are looking for makes jean shopping so much easier.
3. When in doubt, buy two pairs: You can always try-on at home and return the pair that doesn’t fit. Definitely check the retailers policy on returns.
4. Don’t make assumptions: Just because something looks good on a model does not mean it will look good on you. I’ve purchased jeans without paying attention to the inseam measurement– they looked like ankle cropped on the tall model, but were super long on my 5’4″ height.
5. Don’t stress! Shopping should be an enjoyable experience, not stressful. Use the above tips to make your jean shopping fun!
Get more style tips and inspiration!